ABOUT THE CLIENT
Jubilee Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church in Singapore. The Church has been serving the community in the Tiong Bahru and Outram area (and beyond) for more than a century.
Brand: EAW | Product: QX 596
Brand: EAW | Product: QX 396
Brand: EAW | Product: SB180
Brand: Powersoft | Product: Quottrocanali
Jubilee Church, Singapore
The first church building was building was built in Tanjong Pagar in 1904 and was completed in 1905; it was named the Tanjong Pagar Church. As the congregation grew, the church again erected a new building in Outram Road in 1939. It then adopted the name Outram Road Tanjong Pagar Church. Meanwhile, some Tanjong Pagar residents still worshipped in the old building. In January 1946, the name “Jubilee Church” was officially introduced in conjunction with the then forthcoming fiftieth anniversary (1954 ) and to celebrate the end of the Japanese occupation. In the 1960’s, the church premises in Outram Road could no longer accommodate the increasing congregation again. As the government intended to acquire the Outram site, the present location (located between Outram Road MRT station and Tiong Bahru MRT station) was offered in exchange and the building was erected in 1973.
Photo Credit: Jubilee Church, Singapore