Mangala Vihara, or the Shrine of Blessings, was founded by the late Tripitakacarya Sri Saddharma Vagisvara Upsddhayaya M M Mahaweera Maha Nayaka Thero and built on its current location which was donated by the late Madam Chew Quee Neo in 1959. A 2-storey building was completed in March 1960. The Shrine Hall occupied most of the ground floor with the kitchen, Honorary Treasurer’s and Honorary Secretary’s rooms. The second level consisted of a lecture-cum-library hall and the Sangha (Monks) quarters. The Singapore Buddhist Pali Society, which devotees were registered as members, was the brainchild of the late founder.
Source: Mangala Vihara Official Website