fbpx

Bethesda (Katong) Church

View of service at Bethesda (Katong) Church at junction of Carpmael and Pennefather Roads. Completed at end of 1936, it is the first “branch” of the Brethren church in Singapore, the first main church being Bethesda Chapel at 77 Bras Basah Road. The history of the Brethen church here can be traced back to the mid 19th century when Philip Robinson, co-founder of Robinson and Company, first arrived.

Source: National Archives of Singapore